Chemical Engineering

Advising and Student Handbook



Undergraduate Student Handbook

The Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Student Handbook (download pdf) is a comprehensive guide to information about the program, including prerequisites, sequences for courses, program requirements and policies.


Student Advising

Advanced Standing (spring semester of sophomore year)
Students who do not complete the requisite courses for advanced standing by the end of the spring semester of their sophomore year may still complete sophomore-level classes during the summer between their sophomore and junior years. Based on a review of the SAPR, such students may also be granted temporary advanced standing to take 300- and 400-level CHEE courses in the fall of their junior year.

However, all students must qualify for and obtain permanent advanced standing before registering for the spring semester of the junior year; failure to do so will result in the revocation of privileges to take 300- and 400-level CEEE courses. Students should set up an appointment with the appropriate professor if they wish to confirm that they have completed the requirements for permanent advanced standing.

Senior Degree Checks
Students should go to Academic Affairs (Engineering Building, Room 200) to obtain a graduation checklist, then schedule an appointment with an adviser. Students will have received a pink form from Academic Affairs, which they should take, along with a recent SAPR, to this appointment. This process should be completed early in the semester of graduation. Students are also responsible for meeting all other obligations on the checklist in order to graduate.

Academic Agreement/Students on Probation/Disqualification: Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Students with probation or disqualification issues should email the CHEE academic adviser for an appointment to review their academic record and discuss available options. Academic agreements are often developed during these sessions if students are having difficulties with coursework.

International Student and Transfer Student Advising
The admission letter sent to all incoming students new to the UA contains instructions on how to complete the Next Steps online program. To transition into the University of Arizona and the College of Engineering, transfer students must also complete the Transfer Student Academic Preview online program within the Next Steps program. The TSAP will provide access to the advising component of the online program. Students who do not complete the Next Steps and TSAP programs will not be able to register for classes.

Awards and Scholarships
Scholarships are assigned to students who complete the Scholarship Universe application in spring. Scholarships are awarded based on merit criteria that include a 3.0 GPA, although some scholarships require higher GPAs. Monies are allocated in spring and summer and then posted to bursar’s accounts before the start of fall semester.

Undergraduate and Graduate Advisor

Chemical and Environmental Engineering

Michelle Wik





Contact Us

Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Phone: 520.621.1897
Fax: 520.621.6048
1133 E. James E. Rogers Way
Harshbarger Building, Room 105C 
Tucson, AZ 85721


University of Arizona College of Engineering